This crowdfunding will make it possible to finance the international version of Philippe Borrel’s documentary “La bataille du libre”, the production and editing of new rushses and their availability under free license.
Presentation of the project
The issues related free software are really important. They have grown over the years and affected many fields, so what was seen as a philosophical posture, now seems to be moving towards the expression of a societal choice. Philippe Borrel’s documentary is a good introduction to free software, to the ideas defended by free activists all over the world, which is precisely why we want to show it to everyone.
Our project therefore consists of making ”La bataille du Libre” documentary accessible to all. In the first stage of the project we will produce an international version of the film, i.e. an English version. To produce this translation we will need financial, technical, material and human resources. Then, in the next step, we want to edit non-edited rushses as well as produce and edit new rushses in order to make them available under free license.
We’re asking you to help us, because our project will only be possible with your support, your enthusiasm and because its militant commitment, rooted in freedom, means something to you. Each contribution you make, even the most modest, will make it possible to bring this project to life. For those who cannot make a donation, don’t forget that simply relaying information about the campaign will help; so if our project resonates with you, please support it!
What will the money be used for?
The objectives of the campaign are as follows:
- Level 1 6k€ : FINANCING of the International version of the documentary and marketing resources.
Other levels are under discussion, in particular for the production and editing of new rushs and their availability under free license (CC license).
Who are behind the project?
- Le Ploss-RA (Professionnels du Libre et de l’Open Source Software en Rhône-Alpes Auvergne) is a group of about forty ENL (Entreprise du Numérique Libre) from the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region. It promotes cooperation among its members to develop, structure, and solidify a dynamic ecosystem
- Temps noir is an independent audiovisual production company specializing in documentaries and fiction. Since its creation in 2002, Temps noir has been producing films on social, historical, artistic and cultural issues.
- Philippe Borrel was born in 1966. He graduated from the Journalists’ Training Centre (JRI) in 1990. With his “gonzo” approach, he has always chosen to dive into the environment of the issues dealt with in his films, almost all of them made for French public television, for long periods of time. He has written and directed ten documentaries since 2006, including “L’urgence de ralentir” (2014) and “A World Beyond Humans ?” (2012) for Arte or “Un monde sans fous ?” (2010) and “A Jobless World ?” (2017), “La bataille du Libre” (87mn) is the long version – intended for screening and debate – of “Internet ou la révolution du partage” (55mn) broadcast on Arte in May 2019.
Scale of donations and counterpart prositions :
- Donate 5€ Symbolic contribution, thank you!
- Donate 10€ Helping hand contribution, thank you very much!
- Donate 20€ Honorable contribution, thank you and thank you again!
- Donate 50€ Admirable contribution, many thanks!
- Donate 100€ Generous contribution, thank you so much!
- Donate 500€ Great donor contribution, a thousand thanks!
- Donate 1000€ Dedicated contribution, thank you so much!
Support the project, the film, its ideas, the team!
Thank so much to… for their donations:
- François Aubriot, Tony Galmiche, Camille Lafitte, Philippe Borrel, Christel Grange, Penny Allen, Vincent Mabillot, Aurélien Marty, Valérie Guichon, Rémi Bougeant
- Alexandre Galode, Josiane Zardoya, Marion Chataing, Laurent Portier, François Pellegrini, Didier Vezinet, François Laustriat, François Herbet, Maxime Kohlhaas, Patrick Ablard
- Clément Oudot, Henri Demaison, Laurent Bibard, Serge Julien, Franck Richecoeur, Rémi Savoye, Jean Carle, Laurette Chardon, Alain Gaxatte, Audric Gueidan
Antoine Pillain, Salvatore Gullo, Thibault Vallois, Denise Pierrot, Wilfried Sannier, Nausicaa Hennebelle, Edsel Rivera, Marc Bessières, Jacques-Yves Tampigny, Jean Foulon
- Marie Croyère, Albin Kauffmann, Corentin Quique, Houssem Djilani, Eric Polk, Régis Wiéland, Guillemette Trognot, Muthukrishnan Ramakrishnan, Ellison Heidi, Adrian Poiget, Roselyne Sierra
- Franz-Albert Van Den Bussche, Annette Olivry, Stéphane Caillaud, Hervé Le Crosnier, Alexis Janvier
- And 1 person who whises to remain anonymous